SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feature request: send 'invite' email on game creation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Comments and Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meowsqueak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Feature request: send 'invite' email on game creation Reply with quote

A friend of mine just had an idea which I thought was good enough to warrant a feature request. There is a possibility this has already been requested.

When a new game is created (e.g. Reef Encounter) it would be very useful if the system sent an email to the creator that contained the direct link to the 'join' page, perhaps along with the game password (but not necessarily). This would allow the game creator to immediately and manually forward this email to their friends as an invitation to join the game. The inclusion of the 'join' URL would make it very easy for the recipients to subsequently join the game.

At the moment, my friend creates a game and then manually sends out an email to his contacts. It is non-trivial for him to find the join URL so he provides just the game name as a reference. Each recipient must now visit the website, search for the game name, and join the game. On a dialup or low-bandwidth connection this can take some time if there are a lot of games waiting to start. It would make more sense for them to just click a link in the email and join directly.

It would also reduce server load due to fewer requested pages.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Comments and Feature Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: