SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PM idea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Comments and Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanMC
SBW Developer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject: PM idea Reply with quote

I admin a very large online settlers site, and am a mysql/php programmer. One really easy, and helpful, solution to some of the problems the site has with players going MIA would be to just make their names on each games score board be a link to sending them a PM. Its a simple query to the phpbb_users table and adding in an href statement. If this was in conjunction with forcing all people on the forum to keep their PM notification on then everyone would get emails telling them of these new PMs. It doesn't solve players deciding to not play anymore, but it may help remind some players that just forget about the game, their turn, etc...

If you ever want some help on the php side of stuff let me know. The settlers site I admin uses an integrated phpbb userbase as well, so I have a lot of experience with this type of system.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Comments and Feature Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: