SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

are you sure notification
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Comments and Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve von laudicina

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: are you sure notification Reply with quote

You need to put an are you sure notification when we finalize por season plannind. I'm losing a lot of gaMES BEWCAUSE i'M ACCIDENTALLY HITTING THE FINALIZE SELECTION INSTEAD OF THE PROCENCE SELECTION OPTION and it is pissing me off, and causing me to lose games.
RyanMC
SBW Developer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pay attention to your play. That seems like a simple solution.
craniac

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: are you sure notification Reply with quote

steve von laudicina wrote:
You need to put an are you sure notification when we finalize por season plannind. I'm losing a lot of gaMES BEWCAUSE i'M ACCIDENTALLY HITTING THE FINALIZE SELECTION INSTEAD OF THE PROCENCE SELECTION OPTION and it is pissing me off, and causing me to lose games.

It seems like this would have to be a problem for a lot of people in order for a change to be made. Maybe the buttons could be made a different color or something--that would be relatively painless.

Draper Utah! (RyanMC). I am in Orem. I hope you can make it to the Saturday gathering at the U.
fteplin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch out for that tricky Caps Lock key, too.

Very Happy
JB

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: are you sure notification Reply with quote

craniac wrote:
Draper Utah! (RyanMC). I am in Orem. I hope you can make it to the Saturday gathering at the U.

im in utah also! i hope i can get up to the gathering.
RyanMC
SBW Developer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I am one of the two guys organizing it I sure hope I am there Wink

We will have a demo version of the SpielbyWeb.com Hacienda release there for people to tinker with too.
steve von laudicina

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

The problem is the supply 3 is too close to the finalize selection, and yes I am paying attention to what I'm doing. I'm brand new to this game and if it wer'nt for that little problem that you claim no one else is having, I would be winning 50% of my games.
RyanMC
SBW Developer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a hard time understanding how of all the players to play this game you are the only one ever to report it being a problem. Others have been able to play and win with the current implementation. Learn from your mistakes and move on.
craniac

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

which browser are you using?
renegade

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: reply Reply with quote

The problem is the supply 3 is too close to the finalize selection, and yes I am paying attention to what I'm doing. I'm brand new to this game and if it wer'nt for that little problem that you claim no one else is having, I would be winning 50% of my games.

Steve, give yourself some credit. You have successfully completed 9 games of Wallenstein and won 4 of them. Not only that, you somehow are able to stay focused on 16 current games of Wallenstein. I admire your ability to juggle that many balls and still hit the right buttons often enough to win more than your fair share of games. Your average time per turn is also outstanding.

Your assertiveness in calling attention to program defects is also to be commended. Not all new players are so bold as to tell the site programmers which way is up without so much as an ounce of tact added in.

While you patiently wait for the new "Steve" button to be added, I suggest you browse through Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People" as a good light read.
stargate

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You Renegade --- I think that many users on this site
would agree with you 100 percent
Wernazuma

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fteplin wrote:
Watch out for that tricky Caps Lock key, too.

Very Happy

Eyactly my first thought. Laughing
son of beer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: are you sure notification Reply with quote

Steve, I can see where you're coming from, no really I can. I would have won my first game of Amun Re (game 7770) today, except I stuffed up in the first round and purchased a power card instead of a brick right before scoring. It cost me four points, and ultimately the game, because I didn't get a full pyramid :?

But I'm not bitter about it. Oh no, in fact it's made me much more careful about being sure that what I am about to do is exactly what I want to do before I click the buttons :wink:

We live and learn mate, lessons are learnt when mistkaes are made but it makes me wonder when someone makes the same mistake repeatedly :?: :?:
steve von laudicina

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: renegade! Reply with quote

What's a matter? You jealous that I'm able to win games, and am very competitive? All I'm asking is that we improve on something that we all are enjoying. I alsp play autum re and we can't even finish our turn without us confirming it. Why can't we get the same for wallenstein?
It just happens to be costing me some games, and if that makes me a rotten person because I like to compete, then I guess that makes me a poor sport. Yeah! I f'd up a couple times, but I think I can speak for everyone in that we are all here to have fun, and if I can't make any suggestions to improve on something good without someone making some half assed comment about it, then why are we even playing?
craw-daddy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: renegade! Reply with quote

... but I think I can speak for everyone in that we are all here to have fun, and if I can't make any suggestions to improve on something good without someone making some half assed comment about it, then why are we even playing?

I think you answered your own question.

"...we are all here to have fun..."

I think one of the main points some people here are trying to make is that suggestions are welcome, but most especially suggestions are welcome when they don't come across as sounding like demands, and when they don't come from someone who's whinging. Thus the comment about reading Dale Carnegie's book "How to Win Friends and Influence People".

Perhaps you'd get better responses (from most everyone) if you say "please, would it be possible to..." instead of "you need to..."

Wanting to compete doesn't make you a bad sport, the manner in which you're throwing your toys out of the pram *does* make you a bad sport.

Now back to the game playing...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Comments and Feature Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: