SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bug in game 7628??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
craw-daddy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Bug in game 7628?? Reply with quote

Seems to be a little bug here in Game 7628.

In the current round (round 4 as I write this), the green player in Memphis received the two free stones there after the bidding round. There was one pyramid and one stone there already, and it looks like the three stones (one plus the two free ones) were already converted to a pyramid before he had a chance to buy resources in this round. The gamelog shows that an "unknown event" occured after the two stones were received in Memphis, presumeably this is when the stones were converted to a pyramid. You should certainly have a chance to buy your stones before anything is converted as, of course, you have the opportunity to play your Master Builder card should you choose to do so.
milksheikh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an interesting situation. I had assumed that at the end of any phase, if there are 3 stones, they become a pyramid. But the rules do indeed mention it only for Phase 3 and Phase 4. Before I make any changes, though, I'll see if I can get an official ruling.
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
mrbass

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm believe I've encountered this situation a few times before and it worked as it should. It always let me buy resources before converting to the pyramids even it it was in Memphis after receiving two stones that would be 3 stones. I'll keep my eyes peeled though.
milksheikh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it most definitely does make the conversion after the free stones are given out -- intentionally coded that way by yours truly...
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
milksheikh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it seems I made the right assumption -- per the designer, "the three stones instantly convert to a pyramid in any phase."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Amun-Re All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: