SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Cup Runneth Short! Army disappears without good cause...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OmniGeek

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: My Cup Runneth Short! Army disappears without good cause... Reply with quote

Check out the game "Return of DP Wallenstein". Note that in the current Movement/Combat A (Year 1 Summer), during Vitas' turn, OmniGeek (that's me) has 2 armies in the cup, and DireWolf has 1. DireWolf is next, attacking unoccupied Anhalt and failing, using forces including his 1 army from the cup. Suddenly, OmniGeek has only ONE army in the cup. Where'd the other army go to?
phil

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm reading this correctly, it could be that your army is languishing once again in the tower. Remember, whenever any attack is resolved, all armies in the cup are scooped up and dropped into the tower. If you had two in the cup before the attack and one afterwards, then it must be that the other one got stuck in the tower.
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
OmniGeek

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: Ah, that explains it. That's different, Nevermind. :-) Reply with quote

Another PBKAC... Duhhh. I read right past the "all armies in the cup (even those not involved in the battle) get thrown into the tower" when reading the rules. I cannot even blame it on a poorly-written description... Thanks for the clarification!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Wallenstein All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: