SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Show all contents of Tower and Cup: Players and Farmers?!?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lotsa blots

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Show all contents of Tower and Cup: Players and Farmers?!? Reply with quote

Both how many farmers are in the Tower and how many of each player's cubes remain in the Tower is definitely public knowledge at start, and in every face to face game I've played, determined and announced to all. Frequently in face to face, keeping exact track falls by the wayside, but one of the great benefits of computers is to keep track of time consuming details effortlessly. I am a definite advocate of 'publishing' updated counts of both Tower and Cup content throughout the game.

Lotsa Blots
KenM

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the initial starting blocks should be announced. But, after that, players should have to keep track. That's part of the game.
HighwayStar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since it's completely transparent what's in the tower, I agree with lotsa that the contents should be published. Why make people calculate the number? I'm here to play the game, not add up cubes before every key battle...

A decent compromise would be to make it a game setup option. That way, the game creator could decide whether to list the tower contents or not. If you don't like the choice that was made, don't join the game...

Steve
milksheikh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm planning on making it a game setup option -- either showing all contents, or nothing (maybe also the hybrid -- what's in it initially, then nothing afterward).
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
jrtracy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea - I like the flexibility. I'm in the 'show all' camp (as part of the HighwayStar/LotsaBlots game) but this allows each group to reflect their own preference. Thanks for the quick response!

JR
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Wallenstein All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: