SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is there a way to leave a game you have joined by mistake?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Comments and Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimF

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:17 am    Post subject: Is there a way to leave a game you have joined by mistake? Reply with quote

I've just joined a game by mistake. I was the last person to join the game so it has automatically moved to a current game. Is there any way to leave before the game starts?

I don't know the game and don't want to spoil it for the other participants.

Jim
striking_cobra

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not treat it as a learning game, mention to the others that this is your first go, and ask for feedback. If they want a faster/better game they can always set up another.
Golux13

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is, it's a Reef Encounter game, and that game is very hard to learn without live interaction. I know I couldn't figure it out from the online rules, and without a f2f game first, with someone else to talk/walk through the rules, I don't think I could have learned the game.

I'm willing to guide JimF through the game, but I fear it will be nearly impossible to explain the game adequately in an online forum/message board format. It's up to you, JimF; if you really don't want to play (and the other two players concur), maybe we can ask Milksheikh to remove you and reset the game to waiting for players.
sa266

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I learnt by playing online and managed to pick it up, although it was tricky the first couple of times. As one of the other players, I'm happy either to play as a learning game, or restart with someone else - whatever JimF wants.
JimF

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Golux/sa, first off sorry for screwing up your game which could probably be underway by now.

I tried to read the rules after joining but about half way through my head was starting to hurt - guess this is a game it is easier to be taught.

What I am most worried about is you guys investing time in the game and me ending up throwing it to one of you by not knowing that I am making a stupid move.

How to proceed? If Milksheikh sees this then please remove me. If he hasn't removed me in say 1 days time I'll start making moves and asking for advice on what I am doing.
milksheikh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've removed JimF and restarted the game (which will wait for someone else to join)....
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Comments and Feature Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: