SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amun Re 3 Player League - Some Rules

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gaditus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Amun Re 3 Player League - Some Rules Reply with quote

The Amun Re 3 Player League

Here are some draft rules - please feel free to comment on them - I may make amendments if I can be convinced.

Divisions will consist of 6 players (except the lowest 3 divisions which may have 5 or 7 players to cater for the total number of players).

Each player will play 5 (or 6 in the lowest 3 divisions) games in a season. The order will be decided in the same way as for the tournaments generally.

Number of wins
Number of second places
Lowest number of points lost by
Head to head games of players tied
Drawing lots

In the subsequent seasons players will be allocated to new divisions as follows:

Division 1 - Two players will be relegated
Division 2 - Two players will be promoted and two relegated
Division 3 - Two players will be promoted and three relegated* (*one by two divisions)
Division 4 - Two players will be promoted and two relegated* (*one by two divisions)
Division 5 - Two players will be promoted* and two relegated* (*one by two divisions)
Division 6 and lower as Division 5.
Clearly there will not be relegation below the bottom division!

Any new players wishing to join after the first season will join in the lowest division after the positions of all the previous season players have been allocated. They will be randomly allocated to divisions if more than one is needed.

In more detail, each player will be allocated a rank depending on finishing position at the end of the season. For example the players finishing 5th & 6th in Division 1 will be ranked 7 & 9 and the player finishing 3rd in division 2 will be ranked 8.

If a player does not rejoin after a season, all players below them in the revised order will move up one rank, and possibly a division. From the previous paragraph it can be seen that the 5th player in division 1 would remain in Division 1 if a higher ranked player dropped out.

Unfinished Games

I would expect all games to be completed within 6* weeks of the start date. If they are not, I, as tournament organiser will have to decide how to deal with them. This may be by removing all games of the offending parties from the score in that division, ‘arbitrarily’ allocating a score to the outstanding games or otherwise as I see fit. It may be necessary to suspend offenders from the league.

*It may be that 6 weeks is not the right amount of time to choose – clearly if many games are outstanding then I will have to revise the target. It could also be revised for other seasons if Christmas or summer vacations are likely to have an effect.

Unstarted Games

If players have not joined any of their games after a week (and after a pm from me) I will nominate a player not in that division to take part in the relevant games (but who will be ignored for ranking purposes – I’ll call for volunteers if necessary!).

If any player has not joined all his/her games within a week they should consider themselves awarded a yellow card. If one or more of your games have not been created when you join other games you should create the missing ones.

Signing up for the following season

I would expect to open this up a couple of weeks before the end of the season. Everyone who played in the tournament should have a good idea of how long they take and will know whether holidays etc will cause them a problem.

To make things a bit easier for players who have to miss one (but only one) season, when they rejoin they will be allocated a ‘rank’ that would put them one division below that in which they would have been had they not missed a season (rather than having to rejoin at the bottom). This may lead to a change in the number of promotions in lower divisions when a player rejoins.

Scoring

I will issue current tables throughout the season – but do check your own position – I do get the odd one wrong.

Last edited by Gaditus on Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:36 am; edited 1 time in total
tphon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Amun Re League - Some Rules Reply with quote

Gaditus wrote:

Division 3 - Two players will be promoted and three relegated* (*one by two divisions)

This seems to create a problem after 3 seasons when Div 3 will only have 3 players and should a 5th season be played then there will not be enough players for a 3 player game

Wink
Gaditus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Amun Re League - Some Rules Reply with quote

tphon wrote:
Gaditus wrote:

This seems to create a problem after 3 seasons when Div 3 will only have 3 players and should a 5th season be played then there will not be enough players for a 3 player game

Wink

Obviously I was not clear enough.

Division 3 will have two coming down from Div 2, 1 from Div 3, 2 coming up from Div 4 and 1 coming up from Div 5. I think that's six!
tphon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Amun Re League - Some Rules Reply with quote

Gaditus wrote:

Division 3 will have two coming down from Div 2, 1 from Div 3, 2 coming up from Div 4 and 1 coming up from Div 5. I think that's six!

Bisto Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Amun-Re All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: