SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

self-imposed restraints
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Comments and Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stargate

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW

we need to reward hagin for a massive amount of SELF RESTRAINT
his only active game is a 3-player Hacienda game that started back on Jan 20th
Rebelslayer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol ... I never would have thought to look at how many games he has!

Maybe he should spend his limited time looking for a new gamer? Laughing
hagin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My one active game is a case in point: its an open game I joined where someone (hepcat) seems to take a turn about twice a month, hence its still going after 9 months. Ridiculous.

But in a system where anyone can join and theres nothing you can do about it, this is what you get. Other open games have had people mysteriously disappear when they were losing, people being rude/abusive, people who decide to throw a game because its not the variant they thought it was, etc.

I only really play in Reef Encounter tournaments these days because I can pretty much guarantee a decent game and theres no tournaments running at the moment.
Knave

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stargate wrote:
WOW

Stargate, do you even know how to respond with anything other than a personal attack based on number of games played?

Unless you want to go with "greatest number of average emoticons per post"

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I mean, there is no chance he used to play under a different username or something. We should assume as much as possible. Judging people by the number of posts made and/or games played is pretty much the definitive measure of who is right, who is wrong, and who sports the largest phallic symbol on Abydos. Clearly, new people with fresh ideas should be ignored, because new people are ALWAYS wrong. So sez stargate, and by jove, he's got to be correct, since he has many many posts, many many games...

...and of course, many many many emoticons
docaction

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case people can't read those small characters:
Knave wrote:
stargate wrote:
WOW

Stargate, do you even know how to respond with anything other than a personal attack based on number of games played?

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I mean, there is no chance he used to play under a different username or something. We should assume as much as possible. Judging people by the number of posts made and/or games played is pretty much the definitive measure of who is right, who is wrong, and who sports the largest phallic symbol on Abydos. Clearly, new people with fresh ideas should be ignored, because new people are ALWAYS wrong. So sez stargate, and by jove, he's got to be correct, since he has many many posts, many many games...

Last edited by docaction on Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
stargate

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knave wrote:
stargate wrote:
WOW

it was NOT AN ATTACK
my post was meant as a complement

I really think hagin deserves a reward for not complaining about a slow
game where one player has had multiple 3 week intervals between turns
going back almost eight months
Knave

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

docaction wrote:
Just in case people can't read those small characters:

Oh boo... Sad You ruined all the fun. Edit your post and let those who care read...

Twisted Evil
freduk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

must resist...must resist... aaah, it's no good...have to post...

The main problem about newbies coming in with fresh ideas is that they're not actually fresh. Once you've been here a while, you get used to seeing the same "new ideas" being pushed fairly regularly. Sometimes it's difficult not to get a little offhand and dismissive, forgetting that to these people, the ideas may be new. This is one reason why many sites recommend that newbies lurk for a while.
I have no desire to dissuade people from raising new ideas, but I would hope that before they do so, they take a stroll through the forum history to see if it's come up before. Usually it has.
Anyone who is new to a site, and immediately posts ideas for change, should be prepared for a backlash from those who have been there a while. It's just the way of things.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Comments and Feature Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: