SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The 2008 Amun Re World Cup League - Official Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rseulow

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: The 2008 Amun Re World Cup League - Official Thread Reply with quote

The 2008 Amun Re World Cup has begun!

Teams have been formed, Team Captains have been elected, players and teams have been seeded (based on posted record on SPW as of Friday, June 20 at 5:30 PM) and the divisons have been drawn up:

Divison A
Texas (C=LVBrian) 1. LVBrian 2. pkwolf54 3. Dozer 4. dklein Seed = 1
Australia (C=Kanga) 1. Kanga 2. Rebelslayer 3. Legalu 4. rico44 Seed = 10
Canadia (C=docaction) 1. docaction 2. Tough as Nails 3. lindalait 4. MrHeaton Seed = 11
Buffalo (C=kwojtasz) 1. kwojtasz 2. josgeerkin 3. gladue 4. LaurieW917 Seed = 20

Divison B
Brazil (C=flaviorj) 1. flaviorj 2. NoimPorta 3. Duda 4. mbouzada Seed = 2
Carolina (C=Dobinator) 1. Coach 2. efreeman 3. Dobinator 4. IBX Seed = 9
Italia (C=Payton3434) 1. Montu 2. Payton3434 3. rorshaq 4. Tuik Seed = 12
Gloucestershire (C=freduk) 1. freduk 2. striking_cobra 3. thiery'en'sarjant 4. dawnuk Seed = 19

Divison C
New England (C=stargate) 1. stargate 2. rseulow 3. Laurion 4. Wildfire2099 Seed = 3
Norway (C=Pompkin) 1. Pompkin 2. Gnomen 3. Tzar-T 4. Abbacus Seed = 8
Franconia (C=toutoune) 1. swok 2. toutoune 3. Adriaan Pieters 4. Defdamesdompi Seed = 13
Germany (C=kekeweb) 1. kekeweb 2. matrix 3. Wolfpack 4. shampoon Seed = 18

Divison D
New Hampshire (C=Bkruppa) 1. CrazyYog 2. Liloliani 3. Bkruppa 4. baub64 Seed = 4
Finland (C=cpsof95) 1. cpsof95 2. NoMoreCheese 3. kaa0s 4. JM Seed = 7
Moravia United (C=brazo) 1. Darius van Duyn 2. brazo 3. StanislavTikal 4. Sgath Seed = 14
New York (C=HighwayStar) 1. HighwayStar 2. YankeeFan 3. bennykdogg 4. ats2630 Seed = 17

Divison E
Albion (C=Gaditus) 1. Gaditus 2. daveszum 3. domster 4. Abbadon Seed = 5
Great Lakes (C=t_o_m9) 1. von potty 2. ahauwi1 3. bearsfan 4. t_o_m9 Seed = 6
WestUS "Diamondbacks" (C=danbar1963) 1. kxw 2. Joanna 3. jglazier 4. danbar1963 Seed = 15
Lancashire (C=tphon) 1. JimF 2. Fritz 3. tphon 4. grizzlyman Seed = 16

Note: This thread will be for reporting results and announcements only.

The first announcement is that Singles Tournament has begun:
http://www.spielbyweb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=14187#14187

Update: The Doubles Tournament was launched on Jun 28 2008!

If you have questions, comments or suggestions about how to improve the WC experience here on SBW, please send me a PM.

Last edited by rseulow on Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:52 am; edited 4 times in total
Bkruppa

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, I have received the well deserved recognition for my superior Amun-Re skillz (yes, I meant skillz)!! Eat that Bob!
freduk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Team Gloucestershire - 2nd bottom seeds, so no pressure!
I'm already looking forward to beating the Italians in a penalty shoot-out... Very Happy
daveszum

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: World Cup Reply with quote

How about if we pretend that some of us have no idea what is going on here and that we might need a little guidance. I liked this idea originally, but then it took a European turn for the worst. I have no idea what a seed is and what it is supposed to do. I think I know which game I am supposed to play in but am not sure. How about a thread on European Futbal for Dummies (like me)?
stargate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bkruppa wrote:
Finally, I have received the well deserved recognition for my superior Amun-Re skillz (yes, I meant skillz)!! Eat that Bob!

if I'm the Bob you mean
Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
freduk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: World Cup Reply with quote

daveszum wrote:
How about if we pretend that some of us have no idea what is going on here and that we might need a little guidance. I liked this idea originally, but then it took a European turn for the worst. I have no idea what a seed is and what it is supposed to do. I think I know which game I am supposed to play in but am not sure. How about a thread on European Futbal for Dummies (like me)?

Your seed is your rank. You could plant it, but it won't grow.
The other thread tells you which game to play. i wouldn't worry about the points system, all you need to do is win your games, and the points will look after themselves.
oh, and have fun! Very Happy
rseulow

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Seeding" is used in a variety of tournments, like the NCAA "March Madness," Wimbledon and other events most Americans have heard of - even the NFL playoffs.

davezum: Seeding is used to stagger weak and strong players so that the divisions have more "balance" than a strict geographical alignment would provide. Once things get underway, ranking will be based on performance in these games only.
rseulow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Doubles Tournament has begun!
rseulow

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Singles Competition: Early results for Division A. Reply with quote

Congratualations to Team Texas, winner of the Division A heats for the World Cup Singles event!

Finishing a close second are Team Australia.

Both teams will advance to the playoffs.

The latest scores have been updated here

Last edited by rseulow on Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
rico44

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are getting the singles & doubles rules mixed up. For the Singles progression it says:

"There are 5 Divisions. The top 2 Teams from each Division plus 2 "Wild Card" teams will move on to the Semi-Finals. From there, 4 teams will play a 4 game Final round."

I realise for the Doubles only the top team plus 3 wilcards progress, to the new system recommend by Legalu.

But for the Singles we qualified already as a top 2 team in our division, right?! Just checking. Smile
rseulow

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rico:

Quote so and the notice has been corrected.

Since this year the single tourney is just 4 games per team, I wanted to advance 12 to the Semis.

Next year, we will use one of the Gaditus style spreads so that each team will play 16 Singles games (4 per player). Then only the top 8 will advance.
jglazier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious - what's the status of the singels and doubles tournaments? I haven't seen any updates in a few weeks. I'm sure you have plenty of other stuff to worry about rseulow. Just wondering.

-=Jeff
rseulow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay!

With several games still open due to August vacations, about half of the advancing teams have been determined.

Update on the SINGLES tournament

Update on the DOUBLES tournament

Next season, as I've mentioned elsewhere, there will be more games played in the Singles Qualifying rounds - 4 per team is not enough! I think the number of games played in the Doubles is just right.

Please PM me with questions, comments or corrections!
rseulow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: World Cup 2008 Singles Event - End of Round 1 Reply with quote

The last game of Round 1 for the Singles Event of World Cup 2008 has been completed, and here are the final standings:

Dark Blue = 1st Place in Division, Light Blue = 2nd Place in Division, Yellow = Wildcard

Congratulations to the 12 teams that move on to the Semi-Finals! For the rest, next Season will start before the end of the year, so keep practicing (or make some trades to improve your roster!)

The Semifinals will pit 3 groups of 4 teams against each other in 16 games, with each player on each team facing every other possible opponent at least once.

The Semi-Final Matchups have been posted here.

The winner of each group plus one wildcard team (best of the remaining 9) will play in the final.

Good luck to everyone!
Abbacus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The results for division C seem to be wrong. Norway won one match and placed 2nd/3rd in two matches, but is only credited with 2 goals. If I understand the scoring rules correctly, it should have been 5. Also the other teams have incorrect number of goals.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Amun-Re All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: