SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Honesty Pays - 5 player Draw

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gaditus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Honesty Pays - 5 player Draw Reply with quote

Think Before You STEAL!!! 01 toutoune Dobinator dawnuk Kanga AngelaK.
Think Before You STEAL!!! 02 Bkruppa lindalait ats2630 pkwolf54 kekeweb
Think Before You STEAL!!! 03 kwojtasz BryJones NoMoreCheese Gaditus Pompkin
Think Before You STEAL!!! 04 Payton3434 TMJJS Wolfpack HighwayStar flaviorj
Think Before You STEAL!!! 05 rseulow t_o_m9 docaction cpsof95 IBX
Think Before You STEAL!!! 06 toutoune Bkruppa kwojtasz Payton3434 rseulow
Think Before You STEAL!!! 07 Dobinator lindalait BryJones TMJJS t_o_m9
Think Before You STEAL!!! 08 dawnuk ats2630 NoMoreCheese Wolfpack docaction
Think Before You STEAL!!! 09 Kanga pkwolf54 Gaditus HighwayStar cpsof95
Think Before You STEAL!!! 10 AngelaK. kekeweb Pompkin flaviorj IBX
Think Before You STEAL!!! 11 toutoune lindalait NoMoreCheese HighwayStar IBX
Think Before You STEAL!!! 12 Dobinator ats2630 Gaditus flaviorj rseulow
Think Before You STEAL!!! 13 dawnuk pkwolf54 Pompkin Payton3434 t_o_m9
Think Before You STEAL!!! 14 Kanga kekeweb kwojtasz TMJJS docaction
Think Before You STEAL!!! 15 AngelaK. Bkruppa BryJones Wolfpack cpsof95
Think Before You STEAL!!! 16 toutoune ats2630 Pompkin TMJJS cpsof95
Think Before You STEAL!!! 17 Dobinator pkwolf54 kwojtasz Wolfpack IBX
Think Before You STEAL!!! 18 dawnuk kekeweb BryJones HighwayStar rseulow
Think Before You STEAL!!! 19 Kanga Bkruppa NoMoreCheese flaviorj t_o_m9
Think Before You STEAL!!! 20 AngelaK. lindalait Gaditus Payton3434 docaction
Think Before You STEAL!!! 21 toutoune pkwolf54 BryJones flaviorj docaction
Think Before You STEAL!!! 22 Dobinator kekeweb NoMoreCheese Payton3434 cpsof95
Think Before You STEAL!!! 23 dawnuk Bkruppa Gaditus TMJJS IBX
Think Before You STEAL!!! 24 Kanga lindalait Pompkin Wolfpack rseulow
Think Before You STEAL!!! 25 AngelaK. ats2630 kwojtasz HighwayStar t_o_m9
Think Before You STEAL!!! 26 toutoune kekeweb Gaditus Wolfpack t_o_m9
Think Before You STEAL!!! 27 Dobinator Bkruppa Pompkin HighwayStar docaction
Think Before You STEAL!!! 28 dawnuk lindalait kwojtasz flaviorj cpsof95
Think Before You STEAL!!! 29 Kanga ats2630 BryJones Payton3434 IBX
Think Before You STEAL!!! 30 AngelaK. pkwolf54 NoMoreCheese TMJJS rseulow

Remember stealing costs in this variant (stealing will result in a deduction of 8 points from your score in round 1-5 and anyone stealing in the last round will score zero for that game!). If someone does forget and steal, please pm me as I may well not pick it up when I check the scores. If you think you may steal by mistake it may help to put a NO STEAL note to yourself in the games!

Each player is in 6 games and the top five (based on number of 1st places, then 2nds etc - tie breaker points lost by) will go into a one off final.

Use password tournament. Anyone can set up the games.

For those who haven't played in one of my tournaments before, if you do set up a game please use the exact name (eg Think Before You STEAL!!! 30) and put the player names in the comments section. The simplest way to do this is to open two tabs/windows and use cut and paste.

Good luck!
cpsof95

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a case in our game, where one player accidentally stole, but he could nullify the effect on water level by increasing the sacrifice (which he definitely would not normally do). Do you think it's ok, if he increases the sacrifice and doesn't take the penalty? Check the game messages for details.
cpsof95

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, Gaditus ruled that there are no exceptions to the rule. If you steal, you lose 8 points, and all your points if you steal on the last round.

Well, in the above-mentioned game there's quite a lot of discussion going on, as some players lost a lot of Gold and points as one player stole, while another player got a huge advantage.

Players adjust their strategies according to the "no stealing" rule. When some player accidentally decides to steal, it may have dramatic consequences on the balance of the whole game.

Amun-Re is a game of small margins, and these accidents may easily decide winners and losers, and cause of a lot of frustration among the disadvantaged players.
toutoune

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm hmm

i am really sorry for my teammates.
I stole in game 11 (i prepared to pay 6 + a change offering card, then i stupidly clicked on steal, i still wonder why...)
Gaditus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpsof95 wrote:
Ok, Gaditus ruled that there are no exceptions to the rule. If you steal, you lose 8 points, and all your points if you steal on the last round.

Well, in the above-mentioned game there's quite a lot of discussion going on, as some players lost a lot of Gold and points as one player stole, while another player got a huge advantage.

Players adjust their strategies according to the "no stealing" rule. When some player accidentally decides to steal, it may have dramatic consequences on the balance of the whole game.

Amun-Re is a game of small margins, and these accidents may easily decide winners and losers, and cause of a lot of frustration among the disadvantaged players.

I missed this post originally, I only responded based on the pm I received from the 'stealer'. Although I understand the frustration, I am afraid you will just have to accept it. There have been many instances in the non variant tournaments where poor play by one player has changed the position for the other players (maybe not so dramatically as stealing in this tournament can, but enough to change the winner). Given that each player is in six games, there is a good chance that one unfortunate result can be made up elsewhere. I suspect that (inadvertent) stealing is less likely to occur in the final (as is 'poor play').

My reply to the pm was

Gaditus wrote:
I understand exactly what you are saying, (the position would be the same as if you had not stolen) but ...

... if I make an exception to the rule in this case, I will have to rule on all future similar cases. If the game has to wait for my decision to proceed then it will slow the whole thing down. Also I might be asked a similar, but not so obvious a question and have to make a more contentious decision.

On balance I think I have to apply the rules as set out, and deduct 8 points from your score. You are, of course, then entitled to play the change card either way, or not as you wish.
IBX

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think before you steal 17 was won by IBX (yay me) due to the 8 point penalty applied to pkwolf54 (and Wolfpack)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Amun-Re All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: