SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amun Re - Looking for Variants

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gaditus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Amun Re - Looking for Variants Reply with quote

In a recent thread (on slow play) I asked for variants we could use for quick interim tournaments. Suggestions so far are:

HighwayStar wrote:
> A bit silly, but how about a 4 player team tournament. Two teams of two players each where the team's score in the game is the lesser of the two team's members score. You would try to mess with the other team while trying not to conflict with your teammate. This would mainly affect bidding, pyramids and the offering. Be gentle, brainstorming here.

BTW, this is a fun way to play Puerto Rico...

Gaditus wrote:
Some more ideas I had were

play to lose - you wouldn't want memphis, and you would want to blow a load of cash in round six auction.

'mine's the biggest' - whoever has the biggest pile of stones on one province wins. Would start of as a race for cash until round three.

2 player - the third player is a dummy who simply steals, bids zero on the next (alphabetical) province etc.

Legalu wrote:
Bonus power cards worth 1 victory point instead of 3 points (reduction in the luck factor).

A slight problem with Legalu's suggestion is that the score would not be obvious at the end (for me to pick up) or to players during the game. Probably not insurmountable though.

If anyone has any more ideas, please don't be shy, and post them here.

I'll throw in another idea - 'maximum power' - only power cards in hand at the end count - do you use that 8 gold card or do you keep it to score?
Rebelslayer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've thought for a while about a teams (country of origin) Hacienda tournament. Would probably work in Amun-Re as well but require a lot more talking.
Legalu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Score 8/30: Your target is to score exactly 8 points at the end of the third round and exactly 30 points at the end of the sixth round. Every point away from 8 (third round) leads to 1 loss token, and every point away from 30 (sixth round) leads to 2 loss tokens. The player with the least number of loss tokens is the winner. (The information for this variant can easily be seen in the final scoring summary).
How to resolve ties: open to suggestions (too tired to think properly right now).
Bkruppa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about flatlanders vs mountaineers?
Pompkin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe something like you have to sacrifice all your gold each round or a non-stealing variant.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Amun-Re All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: