SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amun Re - Cash is King Tournament

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gaditus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Amun Re - Cash is King Tournament Reply with quote

As the latest set of tournaments are well underway and as some players will be waiting around for games to end before we move to the next rounds I thought it might be an idea to throw something in to keep those speedy players occupied.

From my experience of the game, it is money that matters at least until the end of round three, when a big pile stashed away can outweigh a sizeable point advantage. So what if we disregard points and play just for money? I suspect the power cards would add more luck as the 8 gold and harvest increase become more valuable, but the auction element should make the game at least playable.

Well we can see! I am proposing a three player tourney, nine players, all play all, top three in the final, but places decided only on cash in hand at the end of the game. (Still with the usual number of 1sts etc to decide position in table).

To fit in with my first paragraph, only those who have completed 3 or more games in the current 3 player tournament will be eligible (at least if it looks like we will get enough entrants). I will update that table shortly.

A word of warning - don't join if you are especially concerned about your win/loss record as the games will of course be credited for normal purposes to whoever has the maximum points.

So sign up here if you fancy giving it a go. Razz
ahauwi1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun idea! Count me in if enough of my games finish in time for the draw Smile
Dobinator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try - it can only help my win-loss record, actually...
Bkruppa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for it, variations are always fun!!
rseulow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds fun. Count me in.
IBX

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll give it a go.
swok

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As some might remember, money is my speciallity Cool
So, go!
nunocordeiro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To solve the win/loss ratio problem is easy!
You only way to get point by pyramids, temples and bonus cards.
Bonus cards won't be wasted and pyramids won't be built since they are both worth money. And temples will provide little income since most players won't donate much (except if you bet on farming your way to the top which will be difficult on most games - probably won't happen much).*
Therefore, all you have to do is have the most likely winner build 3 pyramids in the last round (one in each territory) and count the money spent as part of his fortune.
There will be errors, but it should mostly work.

By the way, do NOT count me in! I think it is too random for my taste. Too much power in cards and too easy for others to mess your game just by not playing efficiently (i.e. an intelligent player will expect other to play intelligently and when that does not happen the impact is too large).

I'll check out the games and if they turn out to be fun I'll join in on the next one. It's a pretty good idea... just not my cup of tea. I'd take randomness out instead of adding more =).
A game where one would bid on face up bonus cards instead of choosing them randomly would interest me more. Wink

*This could be a little more fun if you incite in-game dialog in the donation part of the game. Private dialog should not be allowed, but discussing donating agreements could allow 2-3 players to maximize their farming investments.
pkwolf54

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: pkwolf is in Reply with quote

I am an accountant. Money is my thing!!!!
Rebelslayer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The person who gets memphis in the second round will get several VP as well from its pyramid.

Sounds like an interesting concept and greatly changes the values of the provinces.
Rebelslayer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why 3p where the randomness of province selection will play a part and not 5p where the offering (and hence the farmer income) can be made to really fly?
tphon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds fun, I'm in.
Please use a distinctive game name so we know the cash variant applies when the game appears from the red number link.
smlait

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't played regular Amun Re in a while (got bored of it - sorry!) but this actually sounds interesting. If you don't get enough eligible players, I'll happily fill a spot.
Coach

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: $$$ Reply with quote

please count me in, I'd like to see how it goes.
Gaditus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebelslayer wrote:
Why 3p where the randomness of province selection will play a part and not 5p where the offering (and hence the farmer income) can be made to really fly?

I am not sure if it will turn out to be a damp squib. 3 player games will be over quickly, so we will not have tedious games hanging round for ages if it does go wrong.

Gaditus wrote:
To fit in with my first paragraph, only those who have completed 3 or more games in the current 3 player tournament will be eligible (at least if it looks like we will get enough entrants). I will update that table shortly.

So far Gaditus, ahauwi1, pkwolf, rseulow, Dobinator, Bkruppa, swok, Payton (by pm) who have signed up meet the criterion. To make it up to nine, IBX was first (and has completed all five 4 player games) so I'll post a draw shortly.

Sorry to the others - if it is fun, I'll run another tourney with 4/5 players.
In the meantime, I will also set up a one off 5 player game for those who missed out - coach, Rebel, tphon, smlait (Cash is King password cash)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Amun-Re All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: