SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"In Development" Games
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Comments and Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joaotorres

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: "In Development" Games Reply with quote

Any news about them? Should we expect any progress on them anytime soon? Are you looking for help on development/testing? Wink

I'm specially curious about Caylus, and I'd be interested in helping out. I'm a PHP programmer and I'd be willing to dedicate some time to help SBW.
PaleHorse

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Yes! Info or updates please Reply with quote

Yes, I'm interested in La Citta--a game that's been "in testing" for well over a year I'm sure. What's up with that? I'd say either do it or remove it.
Saul Pum

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can vouch for calais. Its an awesome board game. It is quite involved though, and one game will probably last quite awhile from all the moves for each turn.
ges

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Maharaja is still in the works; that's the one I'm most looking forward to.
hagin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I like Caylus, like Santiago it is pretty involved. Theres lots of little decisions to make. I think what makes Hacienda and Reef Encounter work so well is that a player's turn is self-contained. 8-13 turns each in RE and the game is over. That can sometimes be done in a week. Tikal and Santiago games drag on much longer.

I'll still happy play Caylus here if/when it arrives but just as a random thought: games with less overall turns tend to work better (imho).

Oh and I'd still vote for a decent implementation of Titan over all. Smile
lotsa blots

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:15 am    Post subject: Caylus, El Grande Reply with quote

Have played Caylus and enjoyed greatly.

El Grande was In Development several years back, but then disappeared, have enjoyed that also in the 'real' world.

Lotsa
cterrell

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm always happy to see any new game appear, especially with how well they have been developed. Tikal and Haci are the two games I play (too much), and these games have fantastic interfaces.

If El Grande were ever to reemerge I'd have to join SPWA (SpielByWeb Anonymous).

"Hi, my name is Chris, and I have a gaming problem..." Confused Confused Confused
RyanMC
SBW Developer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't speak for all of the developers, but I can give you guys a little update. Myke and I have been rocked with real life, so work on Maharajah has all but stopped. I hope we can get back to it though when real life slows down. La Citta isn't all that close from what I remember when I last looked at the code. Mikael was working on it and Caylus. Myke and I looked at La Citta to see if it was something like Santiago where a few last minute updates were all that it needed. It wasn't. I don't know how far Caylus is into the process. I haven't looked at that code at all.
milksheikh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real life currently has a hold over me as well, as I am still working on getting settled in London.

La Citta is actually not that far away from being done (we ran a few alpha test games a little while ago -- OK, it's been a few years now), but there were some issues which I have recorded somewhere that needed addressing. Caylus is further behind. Permission for El Grande has been withdrawn, so that's on hold indefinitely.

I would like to bring on some additional game developers, but I don't have the time at the moment. It takes a good bit of time to support to do, which I can't spare at the moment.
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
gische

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if we want movement we need to break up your relationships? :p
milksheikh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My relationship isn't the issue. But if you can pay my salary...
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Bkruppa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You get paid in your relationships? Shocked So....are you a gigilo!? Question Shocked
RyanMC
SBW Developer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, if people want to pay me to code games I am all over it. Unfortunately my current boss doesn't think he should pay me to code games.
milksheikh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, no -- we can't be paid to code games (brings up licensing issues). But you can pay me to be your spiritual advisor, and I'll code games in my free time... Wink

Hmm, that would be really nice...
vikingberserker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about opening up La Citta for as an open beta?

As a fan of the boardgame I would love to beta it as I am sure others would too.
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Comments and Feature Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: