SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Table seating positions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Comments and Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would table seating order be helpful to know in Amun Re and Santiago
Yes
70%
 70%  [ 12 ]
No
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 17

t_o_m9

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Table seating positions Reply with quote

There are two games (that I know of) on SBW that have a unique turn order based on your position at the table - Amun Re and Santiago. It seems like there would be some strategy involved with this when playing FTF but there is not really a way to show this on SBW. Not sure how hard it would be to add a number or diagram showing the seating position at the table.
Great work.
Thanks

(just putting the poll to see if others think it would be helpful or I'm just alone in left field.)
stargate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Table seating positions Reply with quote

t_o_m9 wrote:

(just putting the poll to see if others think it would be helpful or I'm just alone in left field.)

are you asking for another poll Question
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

also I didn't vote >>>
there was no -- I don't know / I'm clusess option Embarassed
t_o_m9

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It comes up in Amun Re, when taking rewards ties are broken in CW order from the highest bidder, also, bidding order happens in CW order. So in some cases bidding 2nd, right after the starting player, is much nicer than bidding last.
stargate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew that and just accepted it as is
and it's the way I play FTF
rorshaq

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in amun-re i thought ties in offerings were broken in cw order from the START player which is the player at the top of the list is it not?
t_o_m9

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rorshaq wrote:
in amun-re i thought ties in offerings were broken in cw order from the START player which is the player at the top of the list is it not?

Yes, that is correct, but I believe at that point the highest bid has just become the new start player. IE before bidding the order goes A B C D E, and the bids are A=5 B=4 C=1 D=1 E=4, A is the high bidder and the new start player, then B, then C D E. Even though E tied for 2nd in amount, they are last in tie breaking order. I might be off on the timing of the rule, but the idea is how I've seen it play out.
Rebelslayer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amun-Re it seems easy to pick, but in Santiago I still struggle to get the new start player being the player to the left of the canal overseer.
milksheikh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

t_o_m9 wrote:
Yes, that is correct, but I believe at that point the highest bid has just become the new start player. IE before bidding the order goes A B C D E, and the bids are A=5 B=4 C=1 D=1 E=4, A is the high bidder and the new start player, then B, then C D E. Even though E tied for 2nd in amount, they are last in tie breaking order. I might be off on the timing of the rule, but the idea is how I've seen it play out.

The SBW implementation changes the starting player (pharaoh) after Phase 4 is complete (offerings made and rewards taken), which follows the sequence described in the rule book.
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
hagin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't play Amun-Re but I do play Santiago and have often thought this. In Santiago, SBW switches the order once the auction is done from highest to lowest. Thing is, there doesn't seem to be an easy way of figuring out what the normal turn order is and that matters for, say, placing extra canals. It'd be really helpful if it was easy to figure out because I've gotten this wrong to my detriment before.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Comments and Feature Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: