SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is it possible to delete your own account?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Comments and Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
craniac

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Is it possible to delete your own account? Reply with quote

One of my new year's resolutions is to spend less time online, and I have no willpower. I have one round left in one game, and when that is done I would like to erase my account.

Last edited by craniac on Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
pkwolf54

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: deleting Reply with quote

Just laughed so hard when I read your post.

It could have been written by any of us.
Rebelslayer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The games are calling ... you are getting weak ... you MUST play ...

... you are POWERLESS to resist!
craw-daddy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have one of your friends change your password (obviously to something that they're not going to tell you and will soon forget themselves), and also have them change the e-mail address to some throwaway account (like you can get at jetable.org), and don't forget to verify the new e-mail address (if you have to do so).

Then your account has effectively disappeared into a black hole from which you can never retrieve it...
stargate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one of the black holes on SBW is the act of changing your email address Shocked
when you change your email address in your profile your account goes inactive Surprised
and requires someone to contact an admin person to make it active again

this is how it has worked in the past and I don't remember seeing that it has changed
craniac

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah, but I like the cleanness of a complete deletion. I suppose I can try a black hole strategy.
daveszum

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: A perspective Reply with quote

Several things to consider here.....first, your peer group.....this is actually a pretty cool group of people Cool For the most part, they are courteous and all share the same general values: winning is important, but playing competitively, but courteously, is even more important....not a bad peer group compared to what is out there.......second, the activity itself....you could be going out with disingenuous people (most of whom do not even know what disingenuous means) that pretend like it is cool to be out together talking about nothing really worthwhile Rolling Eyes All in all, I am not sure that you have really analyzed your priorities quite properly. Of course, this from someone who is still mid-addiction Embarassed As a bonus, you get all these free emoticons Laughing
craniac

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I prefer face-to-face gaming. even with the limited sociality of boardgamers.
daveszum

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: the truth, when spoken, rings as clear as a bell Reply with quote

All too true, all too true. The problem I see is that I can't seem to find a way to teleport all of you here at my convenience. If you figure that out, please let me know and I will provide the beer. Twisted Evil
mdfreeman7

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:38 am    Post subject: Re: the truth, when spoken, rings as clear as a bell Reply with quote

daveszum wrote:
All too true, all too true. The problem I see is that I can't seem to find a way to teleport all of you here at my convenience. If you figure that out, please let me know and I will provide the beer. Twisted Evil

There is truth here! Wink Perhaps this wonderful community could do more to foster local f2f games?! Our #'s are growing as is the site's popularity! Maybe a forum to link local players? Any thoughts?

I just thought using a section of our forum to help set up/connect local gaming groups would be cool. 35/M/OC, CA looking for...Smile

Last edited by mdfreeman7 on Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
stargate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

craniac wrote:
ah, but I like the cleanness of a complete deletion. I suppose I can try a black hole strategy.

like a bank or credit card account ---
you can close he account >>> meaning make it inactive
you can not delete the history
milksheikh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is surprising is that craniac is by no means a heavy SBW user -- one or two games at a time, 28 games total spread over nearly 2 years.

The replies here are correct -- can't delete the account as doing so would foul up the historical record, so the "black hole" method is probably the way to achieve your goal. Send me a PM or email when your current game is finished and I can scramble your email address and password, and wait for you to come begging to be reactivated... Wink

Last edited by milksheikh on Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
smlait

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: the truth, when spoken, rings as clear as a bell Reply with quote

mdfreeman7 wrote:
daveszum wrote:

There is truth here! Wink Perhaps this wonderful community could do more to foster local f2f games?! Our #'s are growing as is the site's popularity! Maybe a forum to link local players? Any thoughts?

I just thought using a section of our forum to help set up/connect local gaming groups would be cool. 35/M/OC, CA looking for...Smile

Very Happy

Is anybody else here even from southern Alberta? (No need to reply, Linda. I know where you live... Twisted Evil )
Bkruppa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I'm a bit slow on the draw, but milksheikh did I notice your location has changed from NY,NY to London, England? Shocked
stargate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bkruppa wrote:
Maybe I'm a bit slow on the draw, but milksheikh did I notice your location has changed from NY,NY to London, England? Shocked

I can't resist Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
yes Bill >>>> you are slow Twisted Evil

and Mikael did move to London, England
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Comments and Feature Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: