SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Action 10 - How many Polyp tiles ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eibe Itu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Action 10 - How many Polyp tiles ? Reply with quote

Hello,

For refilling the space where the larvae and tiles are taken from it says :
For each of the five differently coloured larva cubes on the open-sea board that is accompanied by fewer than three polyp tiles, add one polyp tile to the space containing that larva cube.

Is the just emptied space always counts as a larvae accompanied by fewer than three polyp tiles ? If so I suspect there's a bug. See in the Game 36765 round 2. The space was refilled with only one tiles although there is another space with only two tiles.

Regards
freduk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, and welcome to the SBW forums. Smile

As far as I can see, the game is correct. Looking at the previous turns, the previous player picked a Yellow Larva Cube, and the player before him picked White. What this means is that by your turn, the Larva Cube board would have shown:

White + 2 tiles
Yellow + 1 tile
Orange + 3 tiles
Pink + 3 tiles
Grey + 3 tiles

When you picked the Pink cube + 3 tiles, the board would be refreshed by replacing the Pink cube, then adding 1 tile to each cube that had less than 3 tiles (White, Yellow, and now Pink) leaving:

White + 3 tiles
Yellow + 2 tiles
Orange + 3 tiles
Pink + 1 tile
Grey + 3 tiles

which is where we are.
Hope this helps,
Fred
Eibe Itu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your enlightening answer.
hagin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what it is but the Reef Encounter rules cause so many people (myself included) to make errors regarding rule interpretation. I did this one wrong at first too. But yes the above answer is correct: any pile with less than three gets one added.
freduk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eef is a great game, it's ust a shame that the rules are so badly written.
However, there are a few "rules aids" over at BGG that explain the game much better.
fendwick

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: badly written? Really?? Reply with quote

People keep saying this about RE's rules, but I just don't see it. Perhaps it's because I was weaned on wargames with far more fearsome rulesets, but when I learned the rules off of SBW they didn't cause too much head-scratching (aside from the whole polyp/anemone/coral/algae vocabulary). Of course I did miss some rules (such as the game ending when one of the larva cubes cannot be refreshed, damn you, hagin! Evil or Very Mad Wink ), but that's normal enough in any game, really.

Enjoy your game, Eibe!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Reef Encounter All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: