SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cheated out of last move. Same for you?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
madewelt

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Cheated out of last move. Same for you? Reply with quote

Has this happened to anyone else? The other player started the Final Round, and I had a coral of size 5 in a non-advanced game and it didn't let me choose to eat it for my 1 coral in points. At least I would have still lost the game, but I would have been much closer in points. I don't like being cheated out of my last move!!!

Evil or Very Mad
kxw

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once someone starts the Final round in a non-advanced game, the first 5 tiles are not counted in a coral for scoring (prior to the Final round the first 4 tiles are not counted). So, a group of 5 tiles would count as 0 points. If you had 6 tiles, you would have been able to score one of the tiles.
madewelt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would the first 5 not count when they would count any other time? I don't remember this from the rules...
spearjr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because Richard Breese is a wacky guy.
Quote:
If the game ends as a result of events 1 or 2 (which will nearly always be the case) all of the players except the player ending the game, may have one additional turn each. During this additional turn the only action a player can perform is to consume one existing shrimp-protected coral with their parrotfish. However on this occasion players must place five polyp tiles into the polyp tile bag instead of the usual four.

From here: http://www.spielbyweb.com/rules.php?game=7&pg=13
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
madewelt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I didn't remember that part...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Reef Encounter All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: