SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggestion: Canceling polyp tile placement

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joaotorres

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Suggestion: Canceling polyp tile placement Reply with quote

I'd like to suggest the implementation of a new feature that allows the player to cancel the usage of a larva cube and the placement of polyp tiles.

Several times in the games I play, I choose to play larva cube only to change my mind in the next second, so I have to play the polyps in some random places and start my turn from the beginning.

I don't know if the board game allows you to stop playing tiles once you started (say you decided to play 4 but than you play 2 and decide to stop), but I'd be happy if you could at least cancel the action before playing any of the tiles, instead of having to play all of them and then start the turn again.

That's not any critical issue, but I guess others may have noticed the same thing.

Thanks in advance.
bunnyhop

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can start your turn over at any point before selecting action 10. And if my memory serves correctly you can "undo" your action while doing it.
joaotorres

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you can't undo any actions, you can restart your turn at several points but not during the action of placing polyp tiles.

In fact, even the ability to restart the turn during the action of placing polyps would be nice.

My complaint is about having to place all the polyp tiles when you change your mind after choosing the action.
Big Bad Lex

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joaotorres wrote:

My complaint is about having to place all the polyp tiles when you change your mind after choosing the action.

I think this is technically referred to as 'Pilot error'. It's not reasonable to expect the site administrators to have to burn time programming safety nets and short cuts to cater for an individual's indecision. If this scenario irks you so much, then make efforts to avoid putting yourself in this situation again. Treat it as a penance.
joaotorres

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's clearly not a critical issue in the game, but as almost if not every other action in the game has a cancel option I wonder why this one doesn't have Wink

It's a minor change and I guess it would not take much time, and I just suggested it cause it happens quite often to me and it might also happen to other people.
HappyProle
SBW Developer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been irked by this as well -- it'd be nice to not have to finish placing 8 tiles just so I can restart my turn. At some point Milksheikh mentioned he was thinking of adding the option of incremental Redo, I think with Reef Encounter specifically in mind; but I don't know how far along he was with implementing that idea.
Big Bad Lex

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it all back. How's that for service?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Reef Encounter All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: