SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to set an american dns code to PS4?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Comments and Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SnowyKate

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:14 am    Post subject: How to set an american dns code to PS4? Reply with quote

Hi guys! Can somebody help me to solve one problem? I want to connect my PS4 to Netflix, but I don't know how to do this. Does anyone know?
Endymar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. You can try to follow these steps:
Settings – Network – Set up internet connection – Use Wi-Fi – custom.
After that choose “Automatic” – “Do not specify” – “Manual”. Change primary and secondary DNS codes of yours.
Next – Automatic – Do not use – Test Internet Connection. Go to the Netflix stream and see the result.
Hope you'll do the best.
DannyVento

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I connected using these instructions. Pay attention before you enter the dns code, you have to select manual entry. First I chose automatic and was unable to connect. When I figured it out, it worked. By the way, I advise you to use these codes to connect when you go abroad https://technologeek.net/free-netflix-dns-codes-for-us-2021/.
They work. Enjoy!
Estheke

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your article is awesome.
propsucgegour

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To set an American DNS code on your PS4 for accessing region-restricted content, you can follow these general steps. Please note that altering DNS settings may affect network functionality, so proceed with caution and consider the terms of servi.ce of the online servi.ces you are accessing.

Step-by-Step Guide:

Access Network Settings:

On your PS4, navigate to the main menu and go to "Settings."
Choose "Network."
Set Up Internet Connection:

Select "Set Up Internet Connection."
Choose Connection Type:

Depending on your connection type (Wi-Fi or LAN cable), select the appropriate option.
Custom Setup:

Choose "Custom" when prompted for the setup method.
Enter DNS Settings:

When you reach the DNS Settings, choose "Manual."
Enter American DNS Codes:

Input the American DNS codes you want to use. For example:
Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8
Secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4
Note: You can find various public DNS codes online. Ensure that you choose a reliable source.

Complete Setup:

Complete the setup process, and your PS4 will test the internet connection with the new DNS settings.
Restart Your PS4:

After applying the changes, it's advisable to restart your PS4 to ensure the new DNS settings take effect.
Important Considerations:

Changing DNS settings may violate the terms of servi.ce of certain online platforms. Use this information responsibly and be aware of the consequences.
Some servi.ces use additional methods, such as IP geolocation, to determine your region. Changing DNS alone might not always bypass regional restrictions.
Disclaimer:
It's crucial to understand that modifying DNS settings for region-unblocking purposes may not always work, and it might violate the terms of servi.ce of the platform you are accessing. Additionally, there are ethical and legal considerations when attempting to access content not meant for your region.

Proceed at your own discretion and be aware of the potential risks involved. If you encounter issues or have specific questions, please consult the support resources provided by Sony or the online servi.ce you're trying to access.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Comments and Feature Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: