SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Separate the password & no password games waiting to sta
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Comments and Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JeffyJeff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Separate the password & no password games waiting to sta Reply with quote

It would be nice if the games waiting to start list, ie. http://www.spielbyweb.com/games.php

was separated into to parts, those needing passwords... and those that don't...

Why? Those that are looking for a password protected game already know what game they are looking for (and that it will be password protected). Those of us who are looking for open (not password protected) games just see the password protected ones as clutter... and the password protected ones are the super majority of the games listed since they are waiting on specific folks to join them so take longer to fill.

Ideally have two side by side columns of games, one listing password protected, the other not. Or at least under each game major heading, sort the games with the no password games 1st.

With new game titles being added, the list is getting longer and longer, and harder and harder to find open games Sad

Jeff
mrbass

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree this would be nice....just like mabiweb does it.

milksheikh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just now fiddling with the games lists, largely to somehow paginate the "Current Games" list so that it isn't displaying 1000+ games at once (any ideas on that -- by game, in pages of x games, etc.) welcome. So I'll include this in my reworkings -- thanks for the suggestion.
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
mrbass

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I'd just have a link to the passworded page. I took a screenshot since non members of mabiweb can't see what it looks like without creating an account and logging in. I do anything I can to prevent others from joining Evil or Very Mad

Invited by a friend to join a game with a password? Click here to view password games.

Something along those lines. That way only people that know the password ever have to be bothered with viewing the games and they should know how to navigate around. Worse comes to worse the person who created the passworded game can help them out.

Also passworded games that aren't started within 15 days (statiscally speaking) I bet less than 1% ever get off the ground. So I'd prune them instead of waiting for 30 days. They can easily just restart the game once Joe Blow comes back from his vacation.
mrbass

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milksheikh wrote:
I was just now fiddling with the games lists, largely to somehow paginate the "Current Games" list so that it isn't displaying 1000+ games at once (any ideas on that -- by game, in pages of x games, etc.) welcome. So I'll include this in my reworkings -- thanks for the suggestion.

Yes I vote for separate by game for "Current Games".
freduk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. Have 2 lists. One for open games, one for passworded games.
Maybe the
Quote:
Create Game | Games List | Your Games | Rankings
list could differentiate between open and passworded ?
Kanga

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milksheikh wrote:

Current (and completed) games should be paginate by game type. A search or sort ability might also be useful.
spearjr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see this as well.
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
milksheikh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Separate the password & no password games waiting to Reply with quote

JeffyJeff wrote:
It would be nice if the games waiting to start list, ie. http://www.spielbyweb.com/games.php
was separated into to parts, those needing passwords... and those that don't...

I've done this (when viewing the "Games Waiting to Start" you are first shown open games, and can choose instead to view passworded games). Still need to paginate the Current Games list...
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
JeffyJeff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome! makes it a LOT easier to find the open games!!!! Thanks a million! -Jeff
Bkruppa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you also make it so that we decline someone from joining a game, say for example they are from...I don't know...Massachusetts we'll say Twisted Evil
stargate

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bkruppa wrote:
Could you also make it so that we decline someone from joining a game, say for example they are from...I don't know...Massachusetts we'll say Twisted Evil

WHAT Exclamation
stargate

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeffyJeff wrote:
awesome! makes it a LOT easier to find the open games!!!! Thanks a million! -Jeff

DITTO --- looks great and it should make a lot of people happy Very Happy Very Happy
Alashar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only downside is that now everybody won't be forced to read the cute names I make up for most of the games I create. Laughing

So maybe we should have a special category that reads "Alashar-Created Games". Yeah, that's the ticket. Shocked

Or, I suppose I could be like those non-creative types from Massachusetts and just name them Crazy-Yog Gadzillion and 10. Confused
stargate

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrazyYog is from Rhode Island not Massachusetts
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Comments and Feature Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: