SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

storage for server HDD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnWeiden

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:41 am    Post subject: storage for server HDD Reply with quote

Hi guys! Can you please recommend what is better to choose for my storage for my server HDD, SSD, or NVMe? Thanks in advance.
AlanEvans

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The choice between HDD, SSD, and NVMe storage for your server largely depends on your specific needs and budget. If you need high performance and fast read/write speeds, then SSD or NVMe storage is generally the better option. If you need a large amount of storage space at a lower cost, then an HDD may be the better choice. Actually, I recommend reading this post https://bluevps.com/blog/what-to-choose-for-storage-for-your-server-hdd-ssd-nvme. It contains more detailed information.
David Jones

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I aways go for something that had raid in it.

Mirror raid is two drives, the data os mirrored on both drives so if one dies then you won't lose your data.

there are plenty is NAS drives out there that do this
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> SpielByWeb Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: