SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Make Messages more distinctly different

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Comments and Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
capnemo-1734

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:30 pm    Post subject: Make Messages more distinctly different Reply with quote

The menus read:

Gamelog | Messages | Notepad | Bug Report

Further off to the right:
Rules | BoardGameGeek | Buy at Funagain

Could Messages be moved over to the right menu?

I recently posted a Note as a Message. My goof! When you're in deep think it's easy to be in a trance and not notice some of the surrounding context. So clicking on Message to add a note is not an unreasonable accident, especially considering how similar both screens are. The only difference is that they clearly use the word Note or Message above the textbox and on the button.

But like I said, when you're hyperfocused, your brain can think I'm leaving myself a Message for next game. I mean, it makes sense.

Or maybe change the background color of the Message box and/or add placeholder text saying "This will be shared with everyone." Red would be too harsh, but maybe orange? Just trying to create more cues to break the hyperfocused brain out of its trance.

I mean, what a deal breaker, telling your opponents your plans. Smile
smithliz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How to do?
Yatrataxi

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello I am newbie
dasegab289

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! A corporate identity is a company's image. And a logo is its distinctive sign. The logo is how you are recognized and distinguished from your competitors.
sdg dsgsg sdgsgdsg sdg
consulting24

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:57 pm    Post subject: message Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing your experience and suggestion. It's understandable how the similarity between the "Note" and "Message" sections could lead to accidental postings. Being in a deep thinking mode can sometimes blur those distinctions.

Moving the "Messages" tab to the right menu or incorporating clearer visual cues, like a distinct background color or placeholder text, could indeed help users differentiate between notes for themselves and messages meant for everyone.

Improving these visual cues could be a great way to prevent accidental disclosures and maintain the privacy of personal notes versus shared messages. Your input is valuable in enhancing user experience on the platform!
fixyhikepu

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

informative update to all
Moore55

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gvesg nesvr vw4rhed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Comments and Feature Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: