SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

But the heap of missing features

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Weismart

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:04 am    Post subject: But the heap of missing features Reply with quote

Yeah, this is sort of how I have been looking at it recently. Much like, yes it introduced some really great new ideas from the manner of outside decorating (which very much feels like the natural next step for the series) and the landscaping tools. The crafting system is a pretty nifty way to give players sort of mini-goals. Not perfect but it is a fantastic idea.

But the heap of missing features and content is really frustrating. I understand nobody wants to compare this into Pokemon (because Sword/Shield have a lot of other issues beyond missing Pokemon and will cut features more often) but Animal Crossing is a series which has had nearly all of it's items/collectibles and features carried forward in some capacity. Even little things like obtaining a reward for saving X quantity of money in the bank are directly up dropped.

New Horizons is a very contradictory match for me. On the other hand it really does move the show forward in some wise ways (deocrating and landscaping, NookMiles is a better execution of the MEOW Coupons from Welcome Amiibo) but in precisely the exact same time when you return to the small details it feels like it's less fully featured compared to New Leaf. I still like the game a good deal, and going back to enjoying my New Leaf town on the 3DS tiny screen is not just comfortable so I'm hardly going to drop New Horizons, but I can not shake the feeling it could be a whole lot better, and that I hope the game team hears that sort of comments and strives to react to it.

My hope at this time is that they're secretly working on a big content ditch that'll come out around the anniversary of this match and they have just been spoon feeding us small upgrades to maintain us invested. I love the new features they've added and I really like the aesthetics of this game, but it has those previous features that kept me invested in the series. NL got that fairly major amiibo upgrade, something similar would do wonders for NH.

If you want to know more about AC, you can visit www.acbells.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Amun-Re All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: