SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How fast should a fast game be?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tripitaka

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject: How fast should a fast game be? Reply with quote

Hi all,

just curious: when i create a game (Tikal) and request that i 'd like to play a fast game, what should i realistically expect? That each player takes a turn every hour, every 4 hours, every day?

I am new to this type of online game and i am not sure what is considered fast for Tikal. I am sure there are many opinions as to the answer to this, but i there must be some common understanding.

cheers

Trip
The Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say as long as a player checks once or twice a day and makes a move if it is their turn would be considered fast. There are a number of folks out there who play but may only check once or twice a week - or less.

Don't be sursprised either trip if someone joins a game and pretty much ignores your comments or preferences - such as fast play or X amount of experience. They either don't care or don't pay attention. When you create a game just specify how frequent you want other players to play - once a day or week - so on and so on.

Hope this helps - Happy gaming - The Hammer Cool
JokeToy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i appreciate fast play, trip. i try to take as many turns as are available to me on any given day. but i have the time and the inclination to play like that, and i don't expect my opponents to play as fast as i do. i do have a life and i know they do too Cool.

sometimes on the weekends i get to play 'heads up' games (2 players) in almost 'real time', like we were sitting across the board from each other. i know a few folks who like to play like that when they have the time.

i do agree with hammer. one move a day is about the fastest you can hope for when you request speedy play, and that's reasonable. but don't expect to actually play at that pace all the time. sometimes a game takes 2 months. sometimes a game gets abandoned. stuff happens.

it's great when players put up the suitcase to let everyone know they plan to be away from the site for awhile.
tripitaka

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys, appreciate the feedback.

i have a job that allows me to be in front of a computer most of the day. i also have the freedom to take 5 minutes to take my turn whenever needed.

Weekends are a different matter but worse case scenario i'd get to play a turn every day!

either way i am still enjoying it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Tikal All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: