SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tikal Auction Tournament - 3rd Round Wrap up

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Hammer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:20 pm    Post subject: Tikal Auction Tournament - 3rd Round Wrap up Reply with quote

Well folks - the 3rd round of our turney is finally coming close to wrapping up - post Labor day weekend - which by the way hoping all had a good holiday and enjoyed the extra day off. Games 12 and 13 have completed with JokeToy taking honors in game 12 and Borisumi in game 13. Congrats to both. If memory serves games 11 and 14 are in the final stages of round 12 and game 15 is at round 10.

I had hoped to be pondering the final results of the tournament by now - either basking in the glory of victory or dreaming of what might of been. Instead I'm texting all of the hopeful SOON wrap up of just round 3. Which leads me to the following - does anyone have any real interest in continuing the tournament? Or should we postpone - actually omit is more accurate a term - the 4th and final round?

Some have alluded the fact of losing interest - probably because of the somewhat slow play at times. And I've had the occassional "lets quicken the pace please" because of the slow pace at times. It won't break my heart or hurt my feelings if some - or even just one player would prefer to close it out at the 3rd round. I'm well aware that there are definitely more pressing and important things going on in our lives then games and Tikal.

So what I'd like everyone to do for me please is respond back with your vote - yes or no on setting up round #4. If all are in favor we'll go for it. As a matter of fact I'll probably go ahead and get the 4th round started now so we can make headway. If anyone has a preference to call it a tourney - then we'll do just that.

Let me know ASAP - Thanks. Happy gaming / The Hammer Cool
Bogey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm good either way. I'd like another shot at you!!! But I can always do that in a pick up game.

Was the 4th round supposed to be just the top 3 or more?
The Hammer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No - the 4th round would be the final round pitting each of us against whomever we hadn't played against as a combination of three up to that point. Does that even make sense? Anyway, it would be the last round of everyone playing against everyone in all the possible combo's available having six players. And I'll take your response as a yes if all the rest are in. Thanks Bogey for your promptness and patience.
JokeToy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd like to play out the 4th round too because we do have the opportunity to tackle every possible lineup combination, which was the interesting aspect of this tourney to start with.

the current pace is slow. is there any way folks can agree to finish at least 1 tile auction a day? if not, life will go on and we'll finish when we finish Cool

thanks for keeping an eye on all this, hammer. please fire up the 4th round and let the tiles fall where they may.
The Hammer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks JT for checking in. I'd too like to finish the total combo's - as you mentioned that was a big part of the draw to play out. Let's see how the other three feel. So far we have three of us pro.
jamesparauda

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to finish out the 4th round. Generally, I'm a fast player but a few vacation weeks slowed my play this summer. Since it's fall my playing time will pick up dramatically.
The Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for chiming in James. Glad to hear another pro. I talked with Iceman this past weekend and he is also pro. Just need to hear from borisumi.
Bogey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since you haven't started, please count me out.
The Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok then folks. The tournament will close out at the conclusion of this round.

I appreciate everyone participating. Once the final couple of games are finished I'll post the results.

Happy gaming - The Hammer Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Tikal All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: