SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Login issues causing problem taking turn

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Reef Encounter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nearsider

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Login issues causing problem taking turn Reply with quote

In game 6247 of Reef Encounter, I'm having problems taking my turn.

I can log into the site OK, and can view the game. It gives me the list of options to do on my turn. I click on Action 4, and then click on the yellow tile on L-11. This should be a valid move. However, the shrimp is not placed and I get the error "You are not in this game!" and I see that I am no longer logged in on the site.

I recently deleted the SBW cookie in an attempt to get the auto-login to work again, could this be causing this problem? If so, how can I fix it?
striking_cobra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Login issues causing problem taking turn Reply with quote

nearsider wrote:
In game 6247 of Reef Encounter, I'm having problems taking my turn.

I can log into the site OK, and can view the game. It gives me the list of options to do on my turn. I click on Action 4, and then click on the yellow tile on L-11. This should be a valid move. However, the shrimp is not placed and I get the error "You are not in this game!" and I see that I am no longer logged in on the site.

I recently deleted the SBW cookie in an attempt to get the auto-login to work again, could this be causing this problem? If so, how can I fix it?

I have been having this a lot today, in the end I closed down all the browsers sessions and started again, it let me in eventually.
Golux13

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a time over the past day, the login was completely inoperable. Every time I would login, the login screen would come right backup. Same in the forums as in the games.

Now it seems to be better.
sa266

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar problem. In my case deleting the cookies seemed to fix it.
nearsider

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, deleting the cookies didn't work. I've cleared all my cookies and erased the saved password in Firefox. It's still letting me log in, but I can't do anything in the game. I tried a different action to see if it would let me do that, and doing action 2 worked until the point where I had to click on the board (which is where the problem happened before). I've tried this several times now with no luck.

Any suggestions?
nearsider

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, switching browsers seems to have solved it.

Using Safari instead of Firefox seems to allow it to work. It still is giving the problem in Firefox, but interestingly only when I click on the playing board, not for anything else.

Interestingly, clicking the "X new posts" link to go to the forum auto-logs me out in Firefox now. I've cleared everything that I can from the Firefox cache; I wonder if there's not some other setting still sitting around causing it to act up?
milksheikh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See http://www.spielbyweb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=511 for the latest on this issue.
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Reef Encounter All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: